Why always him: Exclusive pictures show inside of Mario
Balotelli’s burnt out bathroom after fireworks were let off
inside £16million striker’s Cheshire mansion
- GhnewsOnline picture exclusive shows scale of damage indoor fireworks display caused to Mario’s £3m rented mansion
- Liverpool star said that a friend set off explosions in the bathroom, which is believed to have caused £400,000 damage
- The next day he scored twice against rivals Manchester United revealed a t-shirt with the message: ‘why always me?’
Pictures published by MailOnline for the first time today show how the indoor display started a fire that destroyed rooms in his £7,500-a-month house in Mottram St Andrew, Cheshire, causing a reported £400,000 of damage.
A friend of the millionaire footballer set off dozens of fireworks from ‘multi-shot barrage cannons’ in his first floor bathroom three years ago, starting a serious blaze.
Despite the fire he scored twice against rivals Manchester United on the day after the firework incident and Balotelli revealed a t-shirt with the cryptic message: ‘why always me?’